- Associate Attorney
Jason Montemayor is a 2016 graduate of Northern Illinois University College of Law. While in law school, Mr. Montemayor gained experience in both criminal and family law, externing for Honorable Judge James Kaplan in Cook County’s Domestic Relations Division, and becoming a 711 License legal intern for DeKalb Public Defender’s Office.
Prior to law school, Jason graduated with full honors in both Political Science and Sociology from Northern Illinois University. Mr. Montemayor was appointed as a NIU Supreme Court Justice and was a recipient of the Senior Applauding Excellence in Leadership Award for his meaningful contributions to NIU, the broader community and society.
Mr. Montemayor has experience representing a wide-range of clients, from working class families to professional athletes. He brings the same level of tenacity and compassion to each one of his cases.
Mr. Montemayor finds pride in being able to assist his clients through what feels like the most difficult time of their life.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Illinois, 2018
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois
- J.D. - 2016
- Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, Illinois
- B.A. - 2014
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- ISBA, Member, 2014 to Present
- Lake County Bar Association, 2020 to Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Wills for Heroes, 2018 to Present
- Mano a Mano Family Resource Center, 2017 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Luisi Legal Group, Associate Attorney